Adobe Premiere Elements? Okay light editing prog?

Christopher Frey

Hi,

My mac just died and the warranty is gone and I was using Final Cut express, but I've also used Premiere Pro. Since there are better machines here for heavy editing I can use, I do not need a heavy editing prog. nor can I afford it. Anyway, over the summer I wanted to edit some short films and music videos and had to go with a PC because it was cheaper than fixing my macbook, so my question is: would Elements be an okay editor to accomplish this, if not what do you recommend?

Chris

Hi,

My mac just died and the warranty is gone and I was using Final Cut express, but I've also used Premiere Pro. Since there are better machines here for heavy editing I can use, I do not need a heavy editing prog. nor can I afford it. Anyway, over the summer I wanted to edit some short films and music videos and had to go with a PC because it was cheaper than fixing my macbook, so my question is: would Elements be an okay editor to accomplish this, if not what do you recommend?

Chris

Premiere Elements with Windows XP and a two processor CPU and at least 500G of space and scratch disk does very good! Even better with an external HD for scratch. It flyes!

It brings almost eveything to make a great edit HD or SD. fewer timelines, , fewer video effects but you can even can color correct your video, couple of sound effects, all transitions needed, titles, rendering, write to DVD to tape, to flash, to you tube and more...

Actually it is not the program capability but is your ability as editor/colorist to make it excell.

I have have use it for professional (paid) editing jobs,. None knows any difference from Final Cut or Avid. So, load it in your computer and start rolling in dough.