Deck Options

Charles Lorch

We're pretty set now on picking up a 900 in the next week. We are also getting a Media 100 844XE. The AJ-SD93 deck is pricing out at around $9,000 in order to get the analog card for 422 control and SDI option to get into the 844. I could pick up a used AJ-SD950 for $6,500 that I found. Moderate high hours but less $. Are there any thoughts as to +'s and -'s on each? Thanks.

We're pretty set now on picking up a 900 in the next week. We are also getting a Media 100 844XE. The AJ-SD93 deck is pricing out at around $9,000 in order to get the analog card for 422 control and SDI option to get into the 844. I could pick up a used AJ-SD950 for $6,500 that I found. Moderate high hours but less $. Are there any thoughts as to +'s and -'s on each?

If you are looking to get a fully featured editing deck from the SD93 under RS422, don't go there. The SD93 is a feeder to the NLE and nothing more. It is best under 1394. From what you are saying is your edit system, I would be more inclined to point you to the D950. Be aware however that the 950 does not play DV or DVCAM.

Hope that helps,

Jan

• 4 weeks later...