broken turret lock lever: sourcing spare parts?

Michael Mann

Hi,

Well my ebay Konvas camera arrived: a thing of beauty.

Sadly the turret lock lever was broken: possibly a shipping issue: It is snapped just at the thinnest part of the neck of the lever, beneath the thumb press part.

At first glance it looks like I could possibly use some locktite or something to weld it together - but I wonder if anyone has this type of part spare? If you do please take contact, and we can work out a price?

Also: when I'm fitting the part back into the latch, I notice that it never appeared a snug fit to begin with: the mouth of the lock lever is wider than the latches it is supposed to catch, resulting in a millimeter or so of jiggle room. Thus it appears that there is a bit of shake in the turret which affects the position of the lens, and might affect picture stability?

Is this (lens jiggle) an issue at all? Is this why it seems that most people seem to go after the single lens 2m models, as opposed to the turret konvas?

If this is an issue, is there a way to overcome it, by tightening the turret, for example?

Thanks for any input you guys can give!

Mike in Norway.

• Premium Member

Mike,

You didn't mention which 1M you have. I have a complete old grey bodied turret model with some mags that I bought for the lens set. Apparently the movement is worn causing registration issues, but everything else seems fine. If someone can use it as a parts donor, $175 plus shipping gets it to you.

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com