• 4 weeks later...

Hi David,

Did you enjoy the cinematography on Tetro? i really liked it, but that is most likely due to it being shot on black and white and in widescreen, they really did take a lot of care in shooting it properly in my opinion. Do you happen to know what camera it was shot on and other pertinent details? And does anyone know if there was an article on it in the ASC magazine?

Thanks.

• Premium Member

I was at the FCP users group meeting in London recently,where Walter Murch was the guest speaker.

He talked extensively about Tetro,showed clips straight out of FCP and discussed the workflow.

The camera used was a Sony F900 with Zeiss Digiprimes.

There was apparently 128 hours of footage to be edited,what was fascinating was Mr Murch's workflow.

He has a wall of cards,colour coded depending on the mood of the scene,and with a full description of the scene.Some of the cards are turned on end,like diamonds,these signify a change in mood. Each card has a little tab attached to it which is coloured yellow,signifying the scene was unedited or red which meant edited.

What a very modest man,each day when he came to work,he said his job was to try and change the colour of as many tabs as he could.

The footage he projected from Tetro,did look very 'video',but it would be unfair to comment more based on what I've seen,especially since it was from clips on his laptop,he had the whole edit on his laptop.

I'm looking forward to seeing the film properly.

Tom.