Cheap Super 8mm Transfer

John Carreon

Searched the archives and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Looking for a cheap and relatively decent place to get a DVD or Mini-DV transfer of some Super 8mm film. Just a one-light would be fine...unless someone knows some place with great deals. I'm in the Los Angeles area...

Any suggestions?

I've heard Walmart processes...can you get a transfer from them too?

Thanks,

John

• Premium Member

I think it depends on what "cheap" means, If your looking for the best quality to price ratio, click the cinelicious.tv link on the right. You can get super8 with a bestlight transfered to whatever format you want strait to drive for $200/hr. (and $275/hr for HD), they are in LA also and have great customer service.

Edited by hunter richards

Searched the archives and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Looking for a cheap and relatively decent place to get a DVD or Mini-DV transfer of some Super 8mm film. Just a one-light would be fine...unless someone knows some place with great deals. I'm in the Los Angeles area...

Any suggestions?

I've heard Walmart processes...can you get a transfer from them too?

Thanks,

John

Not sure about Walmart, but Dwayne's in Parsons, Kansas will process your 64T and do a transfer. Not too much as I recall.

A good, not-too-expensive transfer is the Transfer Station (or Film and Video Transfer) located in Reseda. They have one-light transfers for not too much as I recall.

Edited by Charles Doran

Like Hunter said : cinelicious.tv

great transfer/price ratio.

Lots of options for output.

You'll be very happy.

PS: Hunter, they did a great job on your a-minima tester. I enjoyed the footage a lot. Paul is transferring Ultra 16 footage for me next week and I'm super-anxious.

Edited by adam garner