Adapter to use Arri PL lenses on Std mount camera

I am looking for a way to use PL lenses on a Panasonic G1 mft (Micro Four Third) still camera. The G1 can use Std mount, Nikon, M42 and other lenses with adapters that are readily available on ebay for around $150, but I have not seen any PL to mft (or PL to Std) adapters.

Thanks

Peter

See for instance Available mft adapters

Edited by Peter Werner

• Premium Member

You mean like this?

GH1PL.jpg

This is my DIY version using 2 adapters to get PL lenses on my camera, but there is a fellow over at "Hot Rod Cameras" making a native PL adapter for the m4/3 mount.

Edited by hunter richards

I will really appreciate if you will share your knowledge in how to.

I'm trying to mount PL lens in the Nikon d90

You mean like this?

GH1PL.jpg

This is my DIY version using 2 adapters to get PL lenses on my camera, but there is a fellow over at "Hot Rod Cameras" making a native PL adapter for the m4/3 mount.

You mean like this?
Exactly

Could you please explain in more detail what adapters you are using. Did you make the PL adapter yourself? Converting PL to what mount?

• Premium Member

Alejandro-

It wont be easy to put a PL mount on a nikon camera, because of the FFD difference in Nikon and PL mount, you would most likely need to literally bore out a hole in your nikon camera. The m4/3 FFD is so short that its easy to add a PL mount onto it.

Peter-

I used a custom machined PL to leica M adapter - and then a leica M to m4/3. I then used epoxy to bond the two permanently. I didnt know at the time that Hot Rod Cameras was working on one or else I would have bought theirs. The m4/3 mount is very very weak, so what they did was build a whole PL mount support that attaches under the camera so you can put heavy lenses on without stressing the m4/3 mount. With the one I made, you have to support the lens at all times with your spare hand (even with with smaller lenses).