Making a new Camera Identification Mark Chart

Bill Munns

Through the vast information in this forum, I learned about 16mm film camera identification marks, and found a chart from the American Cinematographers' Handbook and Reference Guide, 1947, showing these marks for each make of camera.

The chart is shown in this thread, Post #3

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=36987

But I, and others, have been searching in vain for more recent charts showing the Camera ID Marks for cameras of the 50's and 60's, to no avail so far. It would seem such updated charts don't exist.

But I, like some of you, do have old 16mm cameras, and so I would like to encourage those of you who have any such camera to post a photo of the camera aperture plate, showing it's camera ID shape. In the spirit of this goal, I am posting a photo of one old camera I personally own, a Cine Kodak Magazine 16A camera.

I would welcome any photo of a 16mm camera's aperture shape, with a positive ID of the camera and model, but I personally am most interested to see any of the B&H, Revere, Keystone, and other Kodak models in the magazine camera group.

Perhaps we can collectively make a new chart of Camera ID Marks that will be a valuable reference for ourselves and others.

Thanks,

Bill

post-41718-1245551204.jpg

Hi Bill-

In light of what you are looking for, I wonder if this link might be of some small help, it's just an inventory of 16mm equip't, but might give you an idea of common camera/lens pairings:

http://communication.ucsd.edu/bjones/Movie...mm_cameras.html

Again, by far the most common focal length to adorn amateur 16mm cameras was the 25mm, but available c-mount focal lengths included 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 15mm, 16mm, 17mm, 20mm, and on up into telephotos from a variety of manufacturers.

Patrick:

Thank you for the link.

I do have the ASC Manual, second edition, and it also has a fine list of lenses and their MFG (Cine Lens List, page 236-240), but this link you provided does compliment the Manual with additional material.

Bill