Kodak tells me it has stopped developing

Jack Honeycutt

On 12/3/04 I sent a cart of Super8 7240 to Kodak for development. I put the cart in a PK59 mailer and put the mailer in a US Post Office Priority mailer. I addresses the box this way:

KODAK Mailer Processing

C/O District Photo

P.O. Box 3022

Beltsville, MD 20704

Per directions on Kodak's web site:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/pub...1/e541kic.shtml

Yesterday, 12 days latter, I got a package from Kodak and the film was returned, unprocessed. It had a note inside that said:

Kodak Pictures PhotoGram:

"SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE".

"The service you requested is not available with KODAK Pictures. Please consult your Photo-Finishing dealer for details of our products & services. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I called 301-937-5300 and asked to speak to Customer Service. When I told my story to the woman, she said to me:

"Movie Film??!!"

Researching a little bit more, she then told me that Kodak was not processing any more super 8 movie film in the USA. She said that all the K-40 was being sent to Dwayne's, and all Ektachrome was being sent to Rocky Mountain Film Labs. She said that Kodak should have sent my film to Rocky Mountain, and not back to me. She apologized, and then asked me to send it in again. She offered to refund the cost of my priority mailer from the post office.

Gez, what a merry go round.

Is this true?

jack

Portand oregon

• 3 months later...
On 12/3/04 I sent a cart of Super8  7240 to Kodak for development.  I put the cart in a PK59 mailer and put the mailer in a US Post Office Priority mailer.  I addresses the box this way:

KODAK Mailer Processing

C/O District Photo

P.O. Box 3022

Beltsville, MD 20704

Per directions on Kodak's web site:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/pub...1/e541kic.shtml

Yesterday, 12 days latter, I got a package from Kodak and the film was returned, unprocessed.  It had a note inside that said:

Kodak Pictures PhotoGram:

"SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE".

"The service you requested is not available with KODAK Pictures.  Please consult your Photo-Finishing dealer for details of our products & services.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I called 301-937-5300 and asked to speak to Customer Service.  When I told my story to the woman, she said to me:

"Movie Film??!!"

Researching a little bit more, she then told me that Kodak was not processing any more super 8 movie film in the USA.  She said that all the K-40 was being sent to Dwayne's, and all Ektachrome was being sent to Rocky Mountain Film Labs.  She said that Kodak should have sent my film to Rocky Mountain, and not back to me.  She apologized, and then asked me to send it in again.  She offered to refund the cost of my priority mailer from the post office.

Gez, what a merry go round.

Is this true?

jack

Portand oregon

Guest Joseph Gioielli

I dropped off two rolls of K40 at Wal Mart, at the same time. I got one developed and the other one said "service not avaliable". The lady behind the counter took it back and said she had no idea why they did that and she would sent it to be processed. I wonder if there is just someone in the chain that just doesn't know they still develop movie film.

doesnt kodak send the film over to europe for processing now? i just dropped 8mm 100' roll k40 at walmart who uses dwayne's so that shouldnt be a problem as i know dwayne's still processes. so if you have pk59, kodak should send to Switzerland.