Hero

Hi all,

I have recently experienced the film Hero. It was so beautifully shot that I actually gasped when I saw the scene shot on the river. It's truely a masterpiece.

I'd gnaw off my left arm to be as talented as Christopher Doyle.

Lise :blink:

• Premium Member
Hi all,

I have recently experienced the film Hero. It was so beautifully shot that I actually gasped when I saw the scene shot on the river. It's truely a masterpiece.

I'd gnaw off my left arm to be as talented as Christopher Doyle.

Lise  :blink:

Hot isn't it? I love the drastic color shifts throughout the different iterations/versions of the story. Really cool idea.

• Premium Member
I really did enjoy it. I'm wondering now if there is anything similar that has come out. I'd really like to see it.

Lise  :blink:

I suspect "House of Flying Daggers" might be similar but I ahven't seen anything of it but the trailer. I thought the best part of Hero was the drastic, stylistic art direction. I loved how the colors shifted throughout. Really beautiful film.

I suspect "House of Flying Daggers" might be similar but I ahven't seen anything of it but the trailer. I thought the best part of Hero was the drastic, stylistic art direction. I loved how the colors shifted throughout. Really beautiful film.

Do you have much information regarding "House of Flying Daggars"? ie when it was shot, who by, etc. Is it a recent film?

I agree, the drastic colours of "Hero" were excellent! It's about time there was a film that can really be appreciated!

• Premium Member
Do you have much information regarding "House of Flying Daggars"? ie when it was shot, who by, etc. Is it a recent film?

I agree, the drastic colours of "Hero" were excellent! It's about time there was a film that can really be appreciated!

I don't have much at all. I only really know what I found on apple.com in their movie trailer section (under the quicktime tab). Same director as "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." DP is Xiaoding Zhao, who only had this credit to his name on IMDB. I know nothing about him, really.

I don't have much at all. I only really know what I found on apple.com in their movie trailer section (under the quicktime tab). Same director as "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." DP is Xiaoding Zhao, who only had this credit to his name on IMDB. I know nothing about him, really.

Thanks for that! I'll look up more on it.

This really is a movie that is meant for the big screen...or at least, it looks best on the big screen...as with most things!