Canon Scoopic Repair

John Mastrogiacomo

There's a place in Burbank that still works on them and I'll post it as soon as I can remember the name, but the Scoopics are selling for so little now you could probably replace it for less than the cost to have it repaired- unless it's an M or MS.

Thanks for the info Tom.

I think it just needs a good cleaning and lube.  I'll wait for your reply.

It's not an M or MS.  I don't want to buy another one because it will probably have similiar problems.

John

John-

I can't find the name of the company that works on the Scoopics. I had the occasion to speak to Rick at Visual Products last week and he confirmed that there is a place in Burbank and he's going to try to find a number for me. I'm going in to see him on the 4th, so hopefully he'll have the info you need and I'll post it. I apologize for not being able to help you more.

I have two Scoopics, both in good shape, but one had some deterioration of the foam around the inside of the viewfinder threads that was causing some problems, so I bought the repair manual from ebay, took the cam apart and repaired it myself.

Any repair you make to a Scoopic is going to cost more than what they're selling for unless you do it yourself. This, I know to be true.

I'll keep trying to get that number for you.

Good luck.

Tom

Edited by Tom Ballard

I like my Scoopic, but it has one weird problem that I can't figure out:

When I lock down the release button, it makes aloud, solid lowish frequency chattering type of sound.

I have no idea why, it's just the on/off switch. Why would it physically make the drive mechanism run differently?

MP