bolex ebm for sale

james mcpherson

i recently acquired an ebm , it needs a bit of an overhaul , the camera body itself is fine , prism is clean and motor functions . unfortunately the battery it came supplied with is on its way out so it will need a new battery , and the lens it came with ( a vario switar POE 16-100mm ) is a bit dodgy so is beig sold as spares or for repair . the door to the camera body/film compartment is also broken and will need replacing or fixing ( you could just stick a door from any other bolex on it )

the full kit includes

one bolex ebm body ( broken door otherwise good condition )

pony handgrip functioning fine with 2 battery hole covers ( slight cosmetic damage to plastic on handgrip in the form of a crack/ tiny chunk missing )

ebm battery charger with 7 pin xlr cable ( works fine )

set of 4 filter holders and assorted kodak wratten filters

octometer viewfinder

2 old batteries for ebm handgrip ( seem to be dead but will included for spares/repair )

1 broken vario switar POE 16-100mm lens ( exposure meter/auto zoom not functioning ) and aperture doesnt close fully . focusing ring also seems very loose

2 bayonet mount covers

a couple of empty film spools

1 brand new tobin crystal controller i bought for $270 from Du All camera NY

1 aluminium case

i bought this kit off ebay for around £500 it was described as in good condition but unchecked so i kind of feel a bit ripped off , and i dont wish to do the same to anyone else. id like to restore it all and get it all fixed up but im not sure if i have the time or money so id like to see if theres anyone else out there whod be interested in taking it off my hands , am open to offers. would suit a student or low budget film maker.

am based in London .