CHINON 674 macro advice ?

patrick sheehan

hello all,

i just got my self a chinon 674 macro and got it to work, :D

i was wondering if anyone had any experience with this camera or could offer any advice.

Here is what it looks like (except mine is all black with a fake leather effect instead of the wood effect)

Chinon674M.JPG

thanks

patrick sheehan

Hi Patrick,

my camera is an 806 SM direct sound. The thing I really liked about (haven't used it for years) is that it was good for timelapse. You can set different time frames, for example every second or every 10 and so on.

I know there is also a filter that you can engage, but I'm sorry I don't know exactly what kind of filter it is. I seem to remember it as a neutral density filter. I do have some jpg pages of the manual if you'd like to PM me with your email I'll send them your way (around 3 megs).

Tom

• 1 month later...
Hi Patrick,

my camera is an 806 SM direct sound. The thing I really liked about (haven't used it for years) is that it was good for timelapse. You can set different time frames, for example every second or every 10 and so on.

I know there is also a filter that you can engage, but I'm sorry I don't know exactly what kind of filter it is. I seem to remember it as a neutral density filter. I do have some jpg pages of the manual if you'd like to PM me with your email I'll send them your way (around 3 megs).

Tom

hey tom,

my chinon, as far as i can tell, doesn't have a time-lapse feature. sounds cool tho time-lapse is fun !.

since i've last posted i've managed to get hte light meter working on my chinon and now have a film in it !! i'm so excited to see how it comes out. :lol:

ps. i may have to take you up on the offer of that manual.

thanks for the posts tom,

patrick