Polypan F ISO50/18

You can do it only with a camera like Arri IIC or Konvas that has no register pin.

This film has KS (Kodak Standard) positive perfs instead of B&H negative, so you may get slippage between neg/pos film during printing. This will result in loss of definition and possibly unsteadiness.

Unless you are running a high speed camera that requires polyester stock, I wouldn't recommend polyester as original camera negative. A simple mag jam or mechanical problem will definitely do great damage to your camera.

IMHO, if you want to shoot 35mm b&w, better try Foma or Orwo/Filmotec.

That works out to about $17 for 3 100ft rolls worth of film (plus international shipping). I am actually tempted to try it just for fun.

I'm also interested in the Foma and Orwo stuff, do you know of anyone who sells them in the USA? I'm afraid to have film shipped because how do I know they won't x-ray it, with all the security issues of today?

- G.

You can do it only with a camera like Arri IIC or Konvas that has no register pin.

This film has KS (Kodak Standard) positive perfs instead of B&H negative, so you may get slippage between neg/pos film during printing. This will result in loss of definition and possibly unsteadiness.

Unless you are running a high speed camera that requires polyester stock, I wouldn't recommend polyester as original camera negative. A simple mag jam or mechanical problem will definitely do great damage to your camera.

Wow, this sounds like almost as much fun as nitrate is

:P

Ok, thanks!

Yes, I know both Foma And Orwo, I have just collected group order here in Finland to order film stocks (2x8, 2xsuper8, 16 and 35 mm)straight from Foma factory, their 35 mm negative stocks are really cheap too. About Orwo, I haven't found a good contact information for these stocks, only have shot some negative (ASA320) Orwo ones with my Canon Scoopic DS8.

In russian side, they are still making Svema and Tasma stocks, Svema only for 35 mm (one of my friend here in Finland will go to meet Olex in Ukraine during last month to find out this Svema situation), Tasma makes both 16 and 35 mm B&W negative stocks.

• 8 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'd like to know. Will running Polypan (film on a polyester base) through an Arri2c or Konvas really run the risk of destroying the camera if it jams? I feel like the AH backing free film will give me a unique look I'd like, but don't want to destroy my camera to get it.