Creatig telekenetic powers

Hey guys,

I am shooting a music video very soon. The artist in it will be appearing as superheroes and we are tryna create a futuristic world on a budget. One of the attributes of the heroes is to move things with their mind or a flick of a wrist. I am trying to find out how could I achieve this (making objects move off theri own accord) without the use of wires.

Acouple of shots I want to achieve is a shot of the zip on the back of a girls dress doing itself up and small weapons flying at people.

Happy new year and thanks for any help in advance

Nosa

Acouple of shots I want to achieve is a shot of the zip on the back of a girls dress doing itself up and small weapons flying at people.

Right, you said 'no wires', so the first thing I suggest is... wires!

Seriously, though, here are my thoughts for each shot.

The Zipper

Attach monofilament to the zip and pull it up from above.

Small Flying Weapons

Will the camera be locked-off? Or moving (handheld)? Will the characters at whom the weapons fly be relatively still or leaping about? Depending on how static or dynamic the action is in the shot may have quite a bearing on how to film/video it. On the whole, I would imagine shooting the weapons against greenscreen and chromakeying them in would be feasible; mounting the weapons on green rods would make controlling them easier. That's fine if the weapons simply pass in front of people, but more awkward if they are to pass behind (as they would if, say, they were to circle around an actor) because you would need to matte them out as they pass behind your actors' bodies. You could shoot the actors against greenscreen with the weapons. But then you'd have problems with, for example, the green rods passing in front of the actors because where the grren overlaps the actor, those portions of the actor's body would become transparent. I suppose you could digitally rotoscope in either case, which might be feasible if only a few seconds of action are involved.