Charlie Christ: The Gospel According to Fools

I thought for sure that I posted this project already but I could not find it in my searches. Oh well, the title of this film is Charlie Christ: The Gospel According to Fools. If you could not tell, it's a religious satire.

Here's the public plot:

Why are we here? Who created us? A multinational conglomerate called Veratech has found the answer to these questions. This conglomerate discovered the gateway to heaven and has met God. Now as a result, the nations of the world are getting nervous, nobody trusts each other, WWIII breaks out and God is pissed!

Well, we asked for it, Judgment Day has been declared! The horsemen come down, cities burn, armies fall and just when the light of humanity is going to be extinguished forever; a lone hero emerges. This hero’s name is Charlie Kemp and he has the knowledge & ability to pull humanity from the darkness. He’s got the guts but will he sell them on the black market to raise money for the glory? Find out in Charlie Christ: The Gospel According to Fools!

Production:

We've been shooting since June of 2007 and we should be wrapping up by June of 2010. It has been a long time, primarily because a majority of us are undergraduates working on this project during our free time.

It is in fact a feature length film and was written by myself as well as two others.

The entire film has been shot in Super 8mm and telecined into HD.

We recently received substantial financing and are ready to get these reels out of the cans and on to digital for the post-process as we continue shooting.

This Week's Media Update

Here's a link to a "behind the scenes" clip to the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ERD2e54HXA

If you have questions please let me know! I'm going to post an update next week.

See you then!

P.S. If you are in the NYC area and want to help please come by. Our financing is limited to equipment expenses and the like. I'm not even getting paid and I'm: Co-Writer, Co-Producer, Co-Director, DP and I play the antagonist. None of those jobs see a check. This project is mostly for our enjoyment but if a career forms from it then that'd be nice too!

Edited by Ernie Zahn