Check out my DP Reel

I cut this Reel in a way that is a bit different from the ones I have seen. I cut a project down and so that you can see the light style/mood per project. Let me know what you guys think, I didn't add an Intro of montage clips, I wonder if I should add it.

This is my DP Reel, and I did all the camera work as well, it's all HD footage from HPX 3000 and the HDX900

Watch it at 720p if you can.

Thanks

-Paulo Eduardo Uchoa

hmm...okay... the lighting is not bad in alot of it, not bad. Somehow a bit too low light for my taste..there is a big trend to be overstylized at the moment as people think thats what good cinematography is. Cinematography is whatever enhances and supports the meaning of the content with images in my opinion, alot of DPs try to get ahead of any information possibly found in the script and give the image harsh edges and dark faces. Metaphoric movements and framing with location, production design and actors are also getting lost in alot modern showreels. Content is always the key, not contrast. Anyways, the reel is too long but i figured your aware of that. Apart from that your framing is slightly awkward sometimes.. the faces and eyelines are too high in alot of shots I think, it doesn't feel natural to watch.

As I said though, the lighting is good.

I'm being quite honest about it, but I hope that its constructive too. And in any case, its art, and there is no right or wrong. Good luck with it!