Ultralight Control Systems

• Premium Member

I was just given a small arm made by ultralight control systems. It needs the o-rings replaced but it seems in good shape otherwise and looks like a good piece. I remember seeing these at cinegear a couple years ago but I haven't seen them on many sets.

I'm thinking of buying a couple more pieces so I have a nice versatile kit to replace all those worn out israeli arms I'm often given.Has anyone used these monitor arms much? How have they held up?

I've been using UltraLights for years and love them! I think they work better than most small Noga arms, and having the ability to "tinker-toy" an accessory into whatever configuration suits you is awesome. The individual parts are pretty expensive, but if you take care of them it's well worth it.

In regards to long-term condition, they hold up pretty well, except for the O-ring issue you talked about. I've never looked into getting them replaced, but if that were an option I'd be impressed.

• Premium Member
In regards to long-term condition, they hold up pretty well, except for the O-ring issue you talked about. I've never looked into getting them replaced, but if that were an option I'd be impressed.

It is an option. They were clever enough to use an off-the-shelf plumbing o-ring rather than reinvent the wheel. The replacement size is listed on their website.