Looking for talented D.O.P for Michigan Student Film

I'm making a dark comedy about the human condition, and how over analysis can make or break you. I'm still finishing the screenplay and plan on Directing the film. However, I need a Director of Photography to achieve the specific aesthetic I'm looking for.

Unfortunately I don't have enough DOP knowledge to give examples of what I'm looking for. But I know, in my head, what I want to achieve.

When I think about it, I'm very attracted to the aesthetic seen in the movie, "Once".

Here's a link of that movie so you understand:

So just send me a link to your reel, or post it on this thread! I'll definitely be interested! And if you don't live in Michigan, don't hesitate to post either! :)

• Premium Member

Hi Katie,

That trailer you posted has a lot of different looks in it - was there one specific scene in particular that you liked? Maybe you could start collecting reference material like frame grabs from other films (DVDs are great for this), still photography that you like, paintings, fabric swatches, whatever helps indicate mood, color, contrast, etc. The more specific the better. I find that kind of thing very helpful when I'm discussing potential looks for a film with a director.

Good luck!