American Cinematography subscription

Dimitri Zaunders

I've just signed up for a six month subscription of AC magazines at their online store, and am now sitting here patiently waiting for my first issue to arrive.

For those who still receive their issues in the mail, when do you normally receive each month's issue? At the start of the month? And is it consistent or do the days change month to month?

I'm really hoping that my six month subscription will include the February issue but I'm guessing that I may have missed the boat on that one and my first issue will be in March. If anyone can share any experiences they've had with receiving the magazine I'd be very grateful!

For those who still receive their issues in the mail, when do you normally receive each month's issue? At the start of the month? And is it consistent or do the days change month to month?

The delivery date varies month to month, usually between the 30th of the previous month and the 6th of the current month. I received my February digital edition on January 30.

Thanks Mike and Bill, by the sounds of it I will have to give up hope of receiving the February issue and just start looking forward to March instead...

But anyway I take it I'm not the only person still receiving hard copies of the magazine each month? My college library just cancelled their subscription and has moved to digital copies instead, I'm betting a lot of people are doing the same.

• Premium Member
Thanks Mike and Bill, by the sounds of it I will have to give up hope of receiving the February issue and just start looking forward to March instead...

But anyway I take it I'm not the only person still receiving hard copies of the magazine each month? My college library just cancelled their subscription and has moved to digital copies instead, I'm betting a lot of people are doing the same.

Nah, with the hard copy you still get the digital one (at least I do... did I pay more for that?). I prefer the hard one anyway. It's annoying to take my laptop on the Subway just to read AC Mag...

Nah, with the hard copy you still get the digital one (at least I do... did I pay more for that?). I prefer the hard one anyway. It's annoying to take my laptop on the Subway just to read AC Mag...

Oh really?? Having access to the digital AND the hard copy would be the best of both worlds, I'll have to look into it!

Anyway for anyone keenly following my ongoing search for the February issue, at the ASC Open House today I picked up free copies of the past 4 months' issues (plus a couple of random issues from 2007 and 2008). Best day ever!

• Premium Member
Oh really?? Having access to the digital AND the hard copy would be the best of both worlds, I'll have to look into it!

Anyway for anyone keenly following my ongoing search for the February issue, at the ASC Open House today I picked up free copies of the past 4 months' issues (plus a couple of random issues from 2007 and 2008). Best day ever!

Try to pick up the January '08 issue which features Paul Thomas Anderson's collaboration with Robert Elswit, ASC on There Will Be Blood. Great article!

Try to pick up the January '08 issue which features Paul Thomas Anderson's collaboration with Robert Elswit, ASC on There Will Be Blood. Great article!

Will do, thanks for the tip!!

Most recently I was impressed by Elswit's work on Good Night and Good Luck, anyone happen to know if American Cinematographer ran a feature on his work on that film?