D50/PVV3 Setup questions

Brian Young

greetings....

i've got some D50/PVV3 questions, and i'm wondering if you'd be kind enough to take a few minutes to offer your insights. i know that some (if not all) of this is in the manual, and i'll be rooting through that tomorrow, but i'm just looking for your additional input....thanks!

i occasionally have a problem with the camera not taking white balance under florescents. sometimes it just times out. today it wouldn't take at all. both on k3200 and k5600 CC settings. thoughts??

should i be able to set up the VF so that i can see the battery level at all times? right now, i can only see it if i toggle the momentary switch located on the a/b/pre, gain, bars/dcc, switch panel.....

battery levels: i'm running anton digi propac 14's - can i actually get a warning BEFORE it goes completely DEAD? i get full bars....then BAM. dead. batts are brand new.

how do i set up the D50 for MY lens in the menu? i have a canon: J16ax8b4 IRS. that specific lens is not in the menu.....not to mention, i'm just a little confused by the whole lens menu, anyway!

in the setup with the PVV3 on the back, can i control ch1 audio with the knob on the front of the D50?? right now - the way its set up, i cannot.

last one:

since the PVV3 does not have a 'DC out' on the back of it, i'd like to add a hirose (4pin) connector to the bottom edge of my anton plate for wireless hookup. i've seen this modification in the past, but have not installed one myself. your thoughts/tips? i realize that it will not be switched with the main power (is there a way to adapt that function?) but its better than burning thru the 9V's!!!

thanks so much for you help and input. i really appreciate it!

best regards,

Brian

Brian Young

Flaca Productions

Miami Beach, FL

305-812-0420

www.flacaproductions.com