Wireless Monitor for Canon 1D

Travis Cline

I am doing a spot where the whole thing is someone's POV. The camera will be mounted on the actor's head. We need a light camera and are considering the Canon 1D. If we use this camera we need to figure a way to have wireless monitoring, even if quality is low. We could run an HDMI cable to a junction box or something else in a backpack on the actor's back and then run wireless monitoring from that. Has anyone done this or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you all.

Travis Cline

• 2 weeks later...
I am doing a spot where the whole thing is someone's POV. The camera will be mounted on the actor's head. We need a light camera and are considering the Canon 1D. If we use this camera we need to figure a way to have wireless monitoring, even if quality is low. We could run an HDMI cable to a junction box or something else in a backpack on the actor's back and then run wireless monitoring from that. Has anyone done this or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you all.

Travis Cline

hi, im just a photographer, but i have used wireless transmitters for monitoring stills camera for a while now. i use a video sender, the kind that are made to send video from a dvd player to a tv in another room, the sort that are cheap from standard electronics stores. heres some from a NZ store-

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productResults.asp...&SUBMIT.y=8

they work quite well, and cheap enough to have a back up.

i pull them apart and put them into more professional looking boxes, so i dont look like im using cheap stuff on a shoot :rolleyes:.

paul

www.paulrossjones.com