Need a winding key for bolex camera

Guest jeremy edge

Guest jeremy edge

HI, does anyone know where I can get a hand winding key for the spring motor for a 1957 Bolex h16 supreme ? The serial # is around 107,000. I think one for the bolex h8 might work as well.

Any help would be more than appreciated!

Guest NCSProducts
Well I got a qoute of $75 from a camera shop .Does that sound resonable?

75 American Dollars?

You can get an entire Bolex for about that. :huh:

$15-20 is good, $25-35 is reasonable.

I'm keeping an eye out for you as far as finding a winding crank. It's pretty frustrating to have a camera and not even be able to run it. I'm sort of in the same boat myself with my Arri S, although I get to deal with batteries and power supply conversions!

We have been having an epidemic of ailing Bolexes at work and sometimes their parts float around in the engineering dept. If my boss comes by an extra crank, I'll see if I can strike a deal; that's how I got the eyecup for my Bolex.

• Premium Member
75 American Dollars?

You can get an entire Bolex for about that.  :huh:

$15-20 is good, $25-35 is reasonable.

Where can you get an entire bolex for about that? I want one. I think you're mistakes, even cheap bolexes that are decent are a couple hundred, generally. It's a cheap camera but not that cheap.

Guest NCSProducts
Where can you get an entire bolex for about that? I want one. I think you're mistakes, even cheap bolexes that are decent are a couple hundred, generally. It's a cheap camera but not that cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3868647073

It's an ancient piece of junk, probably not even worth the $75, but there ya go! B)

I'm pretty sure winding handles are compatible with all 16mm Bolexi.

Guest jeremy edge

I got my bolex for 80 bucks...serial number 107,750

Mark Polonia here in town says he has a crank he thinks will work in his basement and is sending it over tonite.he wants it back though! lol

So I will have to find my own eventually!

I dont know why, he like shooting video and says were wasting our time.

of course search "polonia bros" in google and you'll see he doesnt get many good reviews of his dv lol! Of course most people don't get he intends his films to be cheesy/funny

That's what he likes.And of course he's making movies instead of talking so he gets my respect.

Thanks annie for the support!!

On an unrelated note I stumbled across a deal on a konvas 1m for way way cheap.

Supposedly it was used recently and in great working order.

I think this is biting off more than i can chew ,but who knows in a year when I have learned more I might be glad I found the deal and get it out and use it.

Is this a wise purchase or should I stay away?

Hello Jeremy,

Sometimes you can find a crank listed by itself on Ebay.

As for the Konvas.... The question to ask yourself is: WHY is it so cheap? I'm not saying that it isn't a good deal, but "buyer beware" is often the case.

Peace and Light,

Diana

Guest jeremy edge
Hello Jeremy,

Sometimes you can find a crank listed by itself on Ebay.

As for the Konvas....  The question to ask yourself is: WHY is it so cheap?  I'm not saying that it isn't a good deal, but "buyer beware" is often the case.

Peace and Light,

Diana

well I havent found one on ebay yet....

the konvas ,well I kinda started to figure the same as you.Evn though the seller claims it works fine ,if it has registration issues i might be sending off to the shop and then theres no bargain.I saw some of the info on commiecam.com and it seems there are a few reputable people who sell/service them that I could go through directly...if I wanted to go there.if i got a faulty unit thru ebay I'd end up spending the extra cash anyway. 35 is expensive.although I do think its more accessable for someone like me who wants to shoot a music video or shorts than someone who wants to make their own 90 minute film.

HI, does anyone know where I can get a hand winding key for the spring motor for a 1957 Bolex h16 supreme ? The serial # is around 107,000. I think one for the bolex h8 might work as well.

Any help would be more than appreciated!

Hi Jeremy, I have a spare crank or two, I think they should fit your camera, they work on my Rex bodies.

Crank: $25 Rex-o-fader: $75

I also have all kinds of Bolex gear I'll be listing: cameras, lenses, motors and lots of accessories.

Contct me for info -W

Guest jeremy edge
Hi Jeremy, I have a spare crank or two, I think they should fit your camera, they work on my Rex bodies.

Crank: $25  Rex-o-fader: $75

I also have all kinds of Bolex gear I'll be listing: cameras, lenses, motors and lots of accessories.

Contct me for info -W

thanks !

I sent you a pm.

I also found a deal on a unimotor made for the supreme.

Hopefully it works and will be cool to play around with.

if not I see tobin is making a motor for 1:1 shaft bolexes soon.

if not I see tobin is making a motor for 1:1 shaft bolexes soon.
If below 210,601 (more or less) of 1965 it lacks the 1:1 shaft and cannot be used with the official Bolex motors for double system sound, the TCS TXM-20B crystal motor, or the TCS TTL time lapse motor. It can however be used with the TCS TXM-26 crystal motor. ~ Clive Tobin

If the serial number is around 107,000, you undoubtedly have an 8:1 shaft. Tobin says that he's planning on making a TXM-26B motor available around the beginning of March, which can be used for either 1:1 shafts or 8:1 shafts.

I have only seen "winding handles" offered a few times during the past year on eBay, by themselves. You could buy a new replacement from Bolex, in Switzerland, for about US$70, (probably what a repair shop is using as an estimate); but, any old Bolex H-16, (before serial number 186925), could be used. You might find an old Bolex, (serial number 100,400 or less), which is only good for parts, for less than US$50, on eBay. Be careful that you order a "winding handle," (rather than a "backwind crank" or "backwind handle," which only moves the film backwards), for winding up the spring motor.

Edited by Fortean

Guest jeremy edge
If the serial number is around 107,000, you undoubtedly have an 8:1 shaft. Tobin says that he's planning on making a TXM-26B motor available around the beginning of March, which can be used for either 1:1 shafts or 8:1 shafts.

I have only seen "winding handles" offered a few times during the past year on eBay, by themselves. You could buy a new replacement from Bolex, in Switzerland, for about US$70, (probably what a repair shop is using as an estimate); but, any old Bolex H-16, (before serial number 186925), could be used. You might find an old Bolex, (serial number 100,400 or less), which is only good for parts, for less than US$50, on eBay. Be careful that you order a "winding handle," (rather than a "backwind crank" or "backwind handle," which only moves the film backwards), for winding up the spring motor.

You're right its the 8:1 shaft.

And I think tobin is actually taking pre-orders for that new motor.

I'll see how this old one works first though.I wonder how much drift I'll get at 24fps.

walter has a winding key we think will work....