Kish Optics Mesmerizer

Hi,

I am in the market for buying a Kish Optics Mesmerizer lens. Can you point me out videos where I may have a look on the effects shot with this lens?

Thanks,

Chris

Do you want the rear of zoom Mezmerizer? I have one in LA. You mount it onto the back of a 35 format zoom like the 20-100 or 25-250 Cooke.

It distorts the picture and makes an effect like you are on LSD or PMS, both very dangerous.

Figure about $ 4,000 for the unit and another $ 1,500-2,000 to mount it onto a lens.

I have a Cooke 20-100 (40-200) T 5 for $ 10,000

I can dig around and see if I have any copies of the video I made ten years ago.

Cheers

Ken

post-46131-1271226864.jpg

A classic use of the mesmerizer....

Around 15 seconds it kicks in and it starts gettin' gooood.

Thank you for the link. Is this the only effect? Any other links?

Do you know how to get the same effect in post?

Thank you for the link. Is this the only effect? Any other links?

Do you know how to get the same effect in post?

That's pretty much the only effect. You can see some other examples in Elf in the very beginning when Will Farrel wakes up after getting knocked out. Also in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, they use it in the end right before they're going to go into the chamber. I can't find links to these, but I know they're there in the films.

I'm sure there is a way to get close in post, but since it's sort of an optical thing that's going on, I'm sure you can't duplicate it exactly.