Prime lenses on HPX500

Hi there you all

I'm about to shoot a student film. And it's not counted in K's (Very low budget).

We were thinking about taking a SUPER COOKE S3 PL MOUNT T2.2 prime lenses with pro-35 to attach them to Panasonic HPX500.

Still expansive to us.

So, I wonder if it is possible to attach Nikon prime lenses (that I have) and save costs on pro-35. May be another converter from Nikon bayonet to Panasonic bayonet?

Or I will still have to use pro-35?

Any advices folks?

Thanks' in advance

Gregory

Gregory,

I shoot primarily with this camera and a Pro35 adapter set up. I know that the rentals get a little pricey but if you are getting a set of primes, you must also get and adapter for the camera, ie. a pro35 or equivalent. If you do come across a cheaper and easier solution please post some info and pics.

If you get the pro35 and lenses, here are a few things to remember:

1.you lose a little in your exposure so make sure you light well.

2. set the speed of the GG(ground glass) to 6 or 7 on the dial.

3. open the iris all the way on the lens and adjust exposure using the adapter's iris ring.

4. MAKE SURE that the glass is spinning( I know it sounds rudimentary but I've shot half a scene only to notice that the little green light is not on)

5. make sure your back focus it set during prep.

Good luck on the shoot!

I just noticed the speed of the lenses that you are renting. Any chance of getting a faster set of primes? Remember that with any adapter you will lose a stop or 2 out the gate.

Edited by David Desio