Can I hook an intervelometer to an SR2?

samuelbrownfield

Is it possible to connect an intervelometer to an SR2 in order to do time-lapse photography? 

Norris Film Products makes an intervalometer that mounts to an SRII. It works wonderfully and I have used it many times on our camera. It attaches to the operator's side of the camera body and uses the manual inching knob to advance the frames. If your intervals are greater than a few seconds, you will also need the capping shutter that fits onto the camera rods to prevent light leaks around the mirror/shutter. It is an easy bit of kit to use...it must be if I can figure it out ;)

Jeff Tanner

• 2 weeks later...
Norris Film Products makes an intervalometer that mounts to an SRII.  It works wonderfully and I have used it many times on our camera.  It attaches to the operator's side of the camera body and uses the manual inching knob to advance the frames.  If your intervals are greater than a few seconds, you will also need the capping shutter that fits onto the camera rods to prevent light leaks around the mirror/shutter.  It is an easy bit of kit to use...it must be if I can figure it out ;)

Jeff Tanner

Does anywhere in LA rent this? I can't find one through the 411-

Thanks-

Does anywhere in LA rent this? I can't find one through the 411-

Certainly someone in LA rents them. Call all of the major camera rental houses, if they don't have one I'm sure that they know where one is to be found. Or contact Norris Film Products http://www.norrisfilmproducts.com/ they will know where to rent them.

Jeff Tanner