Can't log in/password no longer accepted. Anyone else?

Guest Sean Lambrecht

Guest Sean Lambrecht

Well, I was a sustaining member... suddenly on the 11th the site logged me out, and trying to log back in gave me the "invalid password" message. I do receive the emails to reset my password if I click the forgotten password link, but the temporary passwords aren't accepted either. Tried contacting Tim Tyler with my Steadicam forum account, still waiting for a response.

So I started a new account here because the only way to contact anyone if you get locked out of your account is by having a working account. Crimeny!

Anyone else experiencing problems since the forum redesign?

Thanks,

Sean (formerly S M Lambrecht)

Tim has always responded to ANY of my PMs within 12 hours. Maybe you're not one of his favorites though? ;-)

Just in case my joke is a "funny but true" I'll forward this to him. I assume he is busy with "real" work though.

Fortunately I haven't encountered any glitches of my own, though I have had to get used to a different layout.

Overall, this is a change for the better! I am a Star Trek TNG Captain instead of a 3/5 star member now!

I sent Tim an e-mail, guys.

He took a while to deal with the recent spam issue, so I can only assume he is busy shooting a project of some sort.

I doubt he is ignoring you. . .

• Premium Member

Hey! I'm back! Tim just sent me a new password (thanks!)

I think what happened was related to me changing my email address two years ago. That worked fine, but my login user name was still my old email address, that never changed. What finally worked today was logging in with the updated email addy as my user name and the new password that Tim sent. So it seems that the forum update kicked up a little dust.

Tim has always responded to ANY of my PMs within 12 hours. Maybe you're not one of his favorites though? ;-)

You know, it had me wondering what I did... :)

Glad to help.

"Having trouble logging in..." emails generally take a back seat in my inbox since 99% of the time it's due to AOL or another provider's spam filtering. Requests from Sustaining Members get quick attention when possible though.

The requests that usually get ignored are the ones that provide ultra-minimalist info or have lots of spelling errors. I can't tell you how many emails I've received over the years that say simply "Can't login" or "How come it's not working?"

• Premium Member

Glad to help.

"Having trouble logging in..." emails generally take a back seat in my inbox since 99% of the time it's due to AOL or another provider's spam filtering. Requests from Sustaining Members get quick attention when possible though.

The requests that usually get ignored are the ones that provide ultra-minimalist info or have lots of spelling errors. I can't tell you how many emails I've received over the years that say simply "Can't login" or "How come it's not working?"

Well, feel free to change the post title. And was my spelling really that bad?:)

Peace,

S-

Just to be clear, it didn't bother me, I just added I had the same problem in case there's a glitch or something else effecting multiple forum members that needs to be dealt with.

I don't know why it happened to me, but as I wrote, I just registered again under a different variation of my first name. No skin off my nose.

No doubt Tim is a busy man.