Calvin Klein Commercial (Shot on Canon 7D)

Looks great Drew! Did you use the L glass or standard?

Also, were the lens flares native or added in post? I'm finding it more and more difficult to get a good lens flare with all this lens technology haha

Great job!

All L-Series glass. And that's funny that you ask about the lens flare, because yes, it was added it post. We tried to create flare on set, but you're right, it wasn't happening, we eventually dedicated one Leeko 750 to shooting directly at the lens, and it still wasn't flaring!! lol. It was just making the lens a bit foggy. So I said to myself... "hmm... now I know I can add lens fog in post, but this isn't the flare I was looking for." so we decided to create what we could in post, and it turned out that it was much more achievable than I had feared. Thanks for the nice comment :)

Edited by Drew Maw

yeah its not too big of a problem in AE.

I find many people go with vintage lenses for flares with some character, the old russian Helios or vintage medium format primes. I could start another thread altogether on strange lenses for the 7d

that was awesome bro! I mean as far as cinematography goes. Was wondering about the flares myself, which plug in did you guys use to add those to the ad?

Magic Bullet Looks :)