scoopic 16

Steve Luker

canon scoopic-16

can you only use daylight loading spooled film in this camera. because short ends are cheaper!

kind regards

steve o

Short ends are available on daylight spools. I've purchased 16mm stock from Film Emporium and if the available lengths are over 100' there's an associate/afilliate of theirs that will, for $10, make as many cuts as you want to any length you want (I would assume 100'). If you only want 100', your cost would increase by $0.10 per foot, but if you want 1000' (ten rolls), then your cost is only increased by $0.01 per foot. I don't work for Film Emporium, so this isn't a plug for them... but then again, I suppose it is. I'd imagine other filmstock suppliers would have the same capability. Call them and see.

• Premium Member
Short ends are available on daylight spools. I've purchased 16mm stock from Film Emporium and if the available lengths are over 100' there's an associate/afilliate of theirs that will, for $10, make as many cuts as you want to any length you want (I would assume 100'). If you only want 100', your cost would increase by $0.10 per foot, but if you want 1000' (ten rolls), then your cost is only increased by $0.01 per foot. I don't work for Film Emporium, so this isn't a plug for them... but then again, I suppose it is. I'd imagine other filmstock suppliers would have the same capability. Call them and see.

Wind some of your own daylight spools if it's cheaper. It's pretty easy to do with a rewind bench and some darkness. Hell, get the parts for a rewind bench off ebay and go in a closed up bathroom.

hi tom

thanks for the replay!

just got an e-mail back from Film Emporium "Short ends are on a core" do you put the film on the spool yourself.

steve o

hi tom

thanks for the replay!

just got an e-mail back from Film Emporium "Short ends are on a core" do you put the film on the spool yourself.

steve o

Steve-

No, I didn't put it on the spools myself. Although it's fairly easy to do, I'd rather pay the $10 than transfer several thousand feet of film from cores to spools.

Regardless of what you were told in an email, call Film Emporium and speak to Dennis. I just spoke to him about an order and they'll put it on 100' daylight spools for $10US, as I posted earlier. I don't know that they'd do this for a very small order, but you'll have to call and ask.

Good luck.

Tom