Left viewfinder open in bright room

So here's the deal:

I was shooting with a Canon Scoopic, I was using Tri-X, I was stopped down to f/2.8, I was going to have it pushed since it should really be a f/2 but I didn't close the viewfinder cover in a bathroom full of light and when I put my light meter right on top of the viewfinder I was getting a reading of f/1.

So should I just process it normally and hope for the best? Should I pull my footage? Am I completely screwed?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

• Premium Member

I'm not absolutely sure on the Scoopic, but on the Arri's it usually doesn't matter. If you had a 10K casting a big camera shadow it might, but under most normal circumstances, it's just an extra precaution. So, develop as planned, and see what you have.

-- J.S.

• Premium Member

I'm not absolutely sure on the Scoopic, but on the Arri's it usually doesn't matter. If you had a 10K casting a big camera shadow it might, but under most normal circumstances, it's just an extra precaution. So, develop as planned, and see what you have.

-- J.S.

Yup. I accdentally had a 1K beaming into the viewfinder once and realized I'd left it open. But it did not affect the film at all. Get it developed the way you origignally planned before this happened. I have a feeling it'll come out okay.