kindly watch my film

I am an independent film-maker from India. one of my film, nature, is put on the youtube( shot in a digital camera). just search the following: 'nature sathyan palakkad' in the youtube browser. duration 7 min.

kindly watch the film if possible. comments are welcome.

Edited by Sathyan

I could only watch it without sound because my computer has no speakers and I had to skip past the black in the beginning-I thought the person sitting by the water was interesting,- I couldnt tell what he was saying to the camera though-

some nice shots-

sir,

thank you for watching the film. you should have watched with the sound on and shouldn't have skipped anything; but never mind. the communication is through dialogues between director of the film (me) and a viewer in the past and my aim was to hit on the politics of how to watch a cinema. thank you very much for your comments.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roland Zagonyi

You had some nice locations, some nice shots, but I wasn't a big fan of the editing (for example: the wipe transition in the beginning) or the sound editing (which made the transitions really rough).

The first minute is just a black screen with a voiceover. Now, this is my personal opinion, but for me, if a short film doesn't hook me pretty early on, then I won't really care about it because I've seen enough short films to know that only a small percentage are actually good. Many of them are decent or bad, but when I get done watching even a decent short film, I think "that's not bad", but it's not something I really enjoyed watching. So, the black screen with the voice over didn't create a hook for me because there was nothing for me to connect the voices to.

I think that this short film was unnecessarily slow...a film can be slow, and that works if there's a reason for it to be slow. With your film, I don't see a reason why the run time is seven minutes because the time wasn't used to build characters or advance the plot. You also have to give people a reason to care, I didn't have one.

I've made some of these mistakes myself, it's good to make them now before you put more money into a film.

-Roland Zágonyi

You had some nice locations, some nice shots, but I wasn't a big fan of the editing (for example: the wipe transition in the beginning) or the sound editing (which made the transitions really rough).

The first minute is just a black screen with a voiceover. Now, this is my personal opinion, but for me, if a short film doesn't hook me pretty early on, then I won't really care about it because I've seen enough short films to know that only a small percentage are actually good. Many of them are decent or bad, but when I get done watching even a decent short film, I think "that's not bad", but it's not something I really enjoyed watching. So, the black screen with the voice over didn't create a hook for me because there was nothing for me to connect the voices to.

I think that this short film was unnecessarily slow...a film can be slow, and that works if there's a reason for it to be slow. With your film, I don't see a reason why the run time is seven minutes because the time wasn't used to build characters or advance the plot. You also have to give people a reason to care, I didn't have one.

I've made some of these mistakes myself, it's good to make them now before you put more money into a film.

-Roland Zágonyi

Mr.Roland Zagonyi has done it and has come up with some sharp critical explanations. but you forgot the fact that my intention was to hit on the politics of watching a cinema. ie how a viewer watches a cinema? there is no need to expect for a character or a plot when you are watching a film. Unknowingly, zagonyi's comments mark the success of my film.