I'm going west

David Desio

Hey guys and gals,

I'm going to be out in the LA area from this Thursday to the following Wednesday and am looking for some tips on where to go, eat, stay, see. I've never been out there before and the trip is really to check the area out for possible re-location. I have my first night booked in the Manhattan beach area (I'm a surfer as well so...ya know). I'd rather stay away from the touristy areas and try to get a sense of the real-life aspect of the place. Any advice or tips are welcome and appreciated.

Dave

I certainly have a long list of "hilarious" LA stories.

I wish you luck, it's the typical, nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there scenario.

R,

Richard, funny because that's what I say about Florida. I'd love to hear some stories and hope to have a few to share when I get back.

Brian, yup this will be my first time this far west of the mason-dixon line. (or is it north...?) Yeah I'll try in n' out burger. Question: do I need to have cocaine in my possesion to go through the drive-through or will being dangerously intoxicated do?

• Premium Member

I'm from Orlando and have 7 friends out here who all came from Orlando. Strangely, 4 of them are operators and one is a 1st. Another is a reformed operator and directing now (he's the smart one). Seems like us FL boys tend to like it out here.

With the exception of Disneyland and Hollywood Blvd. you won't see near as many tourists as you would in Orlando.

I doubt this would be my first choice for places to move for the business anymore.