There is HOPE!

Brian Rose

There's a new interview with Chris Nolan, which is previewed in the LA Times. In it he discusses the title of the new Batman film, and according to the writer, reveals this:

Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector.

Have Nolan and Pfister won over Warner Brothers? Could we see the third Dark Knight shot in ALL LARGE FORMAT?

The article is more of a preview, and says there is more to come, especially relating to Nolan's format choices. Here's a link to the whole piece:

LA Times Article

Until the longer article comes out, I'll be holding my breath with anticipation!

BR

I was just about to come on this forum and post the very same link to find out what you were all thinking. What interests me is the mention of high definition formats, I doubt what's currently on the market will hold its own against IMAX, but I'm curious to see what all your thoughts are on the matter.

Edited by Marcus Joseph

For $3000 I might be willing to part with a busted sensor. Makes a great desktop conversation piece. Look at the size of that puppy! Excuse the crappy iPhone image.

Nice! I'd like to hear the story of how that one got busted...some camera op must've had a BAAAAAAAD day!