What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Whoa!!

I have not seen this film in a long, long time, since I was a kid and I had forgotten how good it was. TCM (one of my absolute favorite channels) played it tonight and WOW, I had forgotten how truly creepy Betty Davis was in that film. I LOVE the concept as well, a horror film that is frightening without gore. On some levels, it reminds me of both Psycho and Halloween. MAN if ANYTHING were ripe for a remake or re-imagining, it's this little horror gem. I wonder who owes the rights? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't classify this as a "little horror gem" and please, do not remake this. If you insist, please tell me how being shot in color and maybe digitally would better serve the subject and which two actors are you going to get to one-up Bette Davis and Joan Crawford? Would it be a better film? Probably not which is why I hate remakes. The only one I know for sure that was better than the original was "The Maltese Falcon" starring Humphrey Bogart. I love the film too for what it is, and don't need a pale imitation, thank you. Now maybe "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlette" would make for a decent horror flick remade for today? Lots of opportunity to add lots of gore and in color... just my two cents!