XTR metric to imperial

J Van Auken

Howdy, all

I've recently acquired an early model XTR (pre plus) and the LCD footage counter is set to meters (camera came from Greece).

The manuals and handbook don't mention switching it from metric to 'Merican, so I'm wondering if there's a series if buttons I push? I'm hoping I don't have to switch a board, or report it to INS.

Nah, you will be OK using meters in the US. It's when you use Imperial elsewhere that you get in trouble :blink:

Sorry, I don't have anything serious to contribute to solving the problem. Just learn to count in .3048s if you can't fix it.

• 1 month later...

for those who are curious, I had the XTR serviced by Bernie O'Doherty and was told that the metric/imperial switch is in the camera's wiring and cannot be changed.

As an aside, I've decided not to sell the XTR just so I can break it, just so I can have Bernie service it again. Fantastic work.

• 5 months later...

I know it's well past the point where anyone probably cares about this but for sake of sharing knowledge, I found out today (completely by accident), that you can toggle feet/metres in the following way. This isn't in the manual for older XTR's, but is in the manual for newer ones, even if the body is pretty much identical....either way:

1. Power down camera and remove from power supply.

2. Power camera up whilst holding "MAG" button.

3. Still holding "mag" button, push the "run" switch into test mode.

4. Flashing "feet/metres" will come up and you can use "mag" button to choose.

DISCLAIMER: This works for newer XTR's, not sure how backwards-compatible this method is. Maybe give it a try someone?