Importing DPX into Shake

ryan knight

Howdy,

I am new to Shake so please forgive my ignorance.

I have created a 4K DPX file (370ish frames) from a .r3d using RedAlert. I would like to import that DPX file in to Shake as a sequence, one frame after another, so I can export from Shake as a Quicktime movie file.

When I open the first DPX file in my folder of 370ish, I figured Shake would load the rest of the frames in sequence, automatically. But I was wrong.

So how do I get Shake to open all of the DPX files as a sequence so I can export/transcode it?

RK.

I have not worked with dpx files before but have used tiff sequences. In shake use the fileIn node to import your footage. Dont try and use anything under file>import etc. If you know this then cool. In your globals panel on the bottom right of the shake window you can see the parameter timeRange. It will probably say 1. Meaning your working within a 1 frame long sequence. If you click auto it should become 1-200 as an example. Auto will make the sequence as long as the longest piece of footage imported. If that still does nothing then it might be the file type as im not familiar with using it.

Also if your using the fileIn node under the image tab, you can select a tick box next to sequence listing which will display your sequence of images as one file. The file name might reference how many frames you have. So in your case it might say filnename1-370.dpx or whatever. Hope this might help.