HD telecine for S16mm

Joel Coe

Hi guys,

I was trying to find the answer to this question, but it seems that I either put wrong keywords in the search window or that question isn't covered. (which I kind of doubt) I hope some of you could help me here.

Here's my workflow.

short film 5 mins. ( I will shoot 10 mins of material)

Bolex S16mm. I need to develop and telecine in HD (the whole 10 mins) and edit HD in Premiere. Output to any HD format which will be accepted at the festivals.

I need to know: Where IN LONDON (I can also send the tapes to some other City) I can do that. Please feel free to chip in any other comments you feel like I need to know.

Many thanks guys, always a pleasure to read stuff here.

Happy New Year!

Edited by Joel Coe

Guest Stephen Murphy

Hi guys,

I was trying to find the answer to this question, but it seems that I either put wrong keywords in the search window or that question isn't covered. (which I kind of doubt) I hope some of you could help me here.

Here's my workflow.

short film 5 mins. ( I will shoot 10 mins of material)

Bolex S16mm. I need to develop and telecine in HD (the whole 10 mins) and edit HD in Premiere. Output to any HD format which will be accepted at the festivals.

I need to know: Where IN LONDON (I can also send the tapes to some other City) I can do that. Please feel free to chip in any other comments you feel like I need to know.

Many thanks guys, always a pleasure to read stuff here.

Happy New Year!

There are plenty of labs in London that develop S16mm and all of them will offer a HD telecine either in house or through an affiliated post company. You might want to look into the current S16 package deals that both Fuji and Kodak are offering.

There are plenty of labs in London that develop S16mm and all of them will offer a HD telecine either in house or through an affiliated post company. You might want to look into the current S16 package deals that both Fuji and Kodak are offering.

Thanks Stephen for a quick reply. I went to Kodak website, but can't seem to find that current S16 package you mentioned.

Yes, I am aware that there must be a number of labs in London which can develop and HD telecine, I was only wondering if anyone had good experience with a particular lab, and is will to recommend it.

Cheers

Fuji has their "Complete 16" promotion, in association with ilab, Technicolor and Soho Film Lab.

Kodak has "Sweet-16" in association with Soho Film Lab and Rushes.

Given that you only want to expose one roll of film, the Fuji promotion would be the one to consider. The Kodak package is for either 5 or 8 400ft rolls of film.

Unfortunately the Fuji promotion is only for a standard definition best light 'rushes' package telecine. But I'm sure if you contacted the labs they might be prepared to quote for a different Tk deal for an additional charge.