EKTACHROME 100D (100ft) AVAILABLE IN UK

Robert Lewis

After several attempts to get Kodak to make 16mm Ektachrome 100D available in 100ft rolls in the UK, I have been advised that it can now be ordered directly from Kodak. It seems that initially it will be brought in from France in minimum quantities of two, but making it available to retailers in the UK for stocking is under consideration.

The stock has, of course, been available directly and through retailers in 400ft rolls, but anybody requiring it in 100ft lengths have had to purchase it from places such as Germany or the USA, incurring the associated shipping costs and, if purchased in the USA, duty and VAT which was levied not only on purchase price but also on shipping costs.

I suspect that I will not be the only one delighted to learn of this development, and having been critical of Kodak for making life difficult for UK 16mm cinematographers by not being prepared to make 100ft rolls available here until now, I say thank you to Kodak for further extending the range of filmstocks available to us.

• 4 months later...

After several attempts to get Kodak to make 16mm Ektachrome 100D available in 100ft rolls in the UK, I have been advised that it can now be ordered directly from Kodak...I will not be the only one delighted to learn of this development, and having been critical of Kodak for making life difficult for UK 16mm cinematographers by not being prepared to make 100ft rolls available here until now, I say thank you to Kodak for further extending the range of filmstocks available to us.

Hi,

Please update - I only know of one place in London selling 16mm 100D and that is in 400ft rolls.

Thanks,

Ric

Hi,

Please update - I only know of one place in London selling 16mm 100D and that is in 400ft rolls.

Thanks,

Ric

Hi Ric.

Kodak will supply Ektachrome 100D (16mm) in 100ft rolls directly. You just call them on their UK number (0870 850 1904) and you can order over the 'phone. They will then ship it to you. I think they may require a minimum order for two rolls but I know that they will supply directly because I get my stock from them. I believe they draw supplies from their warehouse in France. However, it is supplied most efficiently within normal delivery periods of two or three days.

Their service is good!