Seamless White Environment

Rafael Moraes

Hey guys,

I have a challenge to overcome this weekend. I need to re-create a seamless white environment out of a regular bedroom wall.

It is quite an indie/amateur production but we want to achieve the idea of "limbo" or imagination in this restricted space.

We only have a 16feetX6feet wall, and are focusing on close-ups and tight mediums on single talents. So no full bodies.

The light kit are two 650w (tweenies) fresnels at most. maybe we can get a 1k baby and a 250w inkie.

I don't want any hard shadows or hot spots on the wall, best if no shadows at all.

Im taking all kind of advices: light position, blocking/frame restrictions, minimum distance talent X wall or any hardware/appliance materials I can easily buy in like home depot!

Thanks!

I would suggest at least 2, 1K diffused lights on both sides of your subjects. Keep the people away from the wall and open up your aperture. I used to do these kind of shots in a photo class. We lit the background separately with 2 lights coming in at angles to take care of the inverse square stuff, and lit a 1:1 ratio on the subject with a large diffuser. The out of focus background helps clean up those dirty walls. Pulling this off with 2 lights would be a challenge.