Help getting an adaptor to CP (mini bncr) mount

I've been writing makers of lens adaptors to try to get something so I can use other lenses on my CInema Products CP-16r. it's quiet and reliable, but

I need a wider faster lens (Currently have a Canon 12-120) and I have had a lot of trouble finding one.

I think there are Angie 5.9 1.8's w/ CP mount, but they're rare.

Does anyone know someone who can make a custom adaptor, and if so, what is the best mount I can get for best price-performance lenses?

thanks

• Premium Member

I would suggest contacting Ken Hale at Whitehouse AV about this. He is an expert on CP16 and gsmo stuff. I spoke to him once about Arri std lenses on the CP16R (this is/was a common adapter) and he had some advise on which Arri lenses would clear the mirror on the CP. Who knows, he might even have something in stock for you in CP mount. I think Visual Products also has good knowledge on the CP16 line.

Did Canon make a w/a front adapter for that lens? That might be worth looking into as well. At one time I had both a CP16R with the Canon 12-120 and also a Canon w/a front adapter from my S8 Canon 1014xls. I never tried to put the 2 together-- they might have the same front threads (67mm?).