FULLSCREEN TIMECODE IPHONE

Hi Steve,

Actually, it was just a way to display the time code of the song played in the speaker during a videoclip. So it was not really sync (I don't know if there is a solution now like an iphone slate that can be sync... I saw many "slate" app but none of them seems to be able to send a timecode via the jack...So I don't really know)

well, it's for sync purpose...

I saw it once on a macbook...

Hi Steve,

Actually, it was just a way to display the time code of the song played in the speaker during a videoclip. So it was not really sync (I don't know if there is a solution now like an iphone slate that can be sync... I saw many "slate" app but none of them seems to be able to send a timecode via the jack...So I don't really know)

well, it's for sync purpose...

I saw it once on a macbook..

Hi Jonathan,

Movie Slate will sync and I use it on my Ipad : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id320315888?mt=8

I'm a bit confused though because the first bit of your post suggests timecode being used aesthetically (i.e. in your video clip)... is that a look you're after? You'll have to pay extra for the timecode sync part of Movie Slate but it is a great resource to have for an iPad.

Steve

Try this:

• Create an AV file in your NLE including the song and generated TC. Be sure to add 10 seconds or so of pre-roll (with countdown) so that the song/tc doesn't start the instant you hit play.

• Load this file into iTunes or some playback app on your iThing

• Use a wireless mic system -- transmitter on the iThing, receiver on your playback system -- to broadcast the audio.

• Simply start/stop the playback from the iThing, making sure to film a few frames of the TC displayed on-screen.

There you go -- very easy, very cheap.