One year cinematography course NYFA

Hey, I am moving to NY next month and I've been researching on film programs in NY. NYFA has bombarded the web with promotion but I've read reviews and some are negative, like really negative, and a few positive. I am interested in all aspects of filmmmaking especially cinematography but i have little experience. IS the one year cinematography course at NYFA right for me?

thanks

• 5 months later...

Hey, I am moving to NY next month and I've been researching on film programs in NY. NYFA has bombarded the web with promotion but I've read reviews and some are negative, like really negative, and a few positive. I am interested in all aspects of filmmmaking especially cinematography but i have little experience. IS the one year cinematography course at NYFA right for me?

thanks

This also is my concern.

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot give you a first hand experience with NYFA. But, a few years ago I was looking into attending their courses. Visit the school first (obviously). They had a very tight place when I went there to check it out.

The one thing that did impress me about them back then, was the amount of NYFA students I saw shooting on the street. Though, I am in manhattan a few days a week now, and I cant say I have seen them out in a while.