CVs, Covering Letters etc

Hello everyone,

I know the topic does not seem exciting but could you please help me on that matter?

I've graduated last year and dream of getting into directing some day, but as for know I've amde my living doing mostly labour work. So therefore I am extremely desperate to at least get into the industry, acknolwdging that I will have to if ever will climb my way up. I've been sending some really vague one sentence e-mails to companies, pretty much in the terms of 'here's a link to my showreel, do you think you could make any use of me' thinking that they won't probably read it if it was too long and hoping they might be intrigued.

That one guy wrote back, saying that he's got no vacacnies but wants to offer some advice (he seemed to like my showreel or was very kind)and that was, I should add a covering letter and a CV to my e-mails.

I mean, whould they open a message seeing there's an attachment, or will they omitted thinking 'here's another covering letter and a cv'? Also what should I put in a Cv if the stuff that I've done are all student projects? Would any other 'life experience' jobs not related to the industry I've done in the past make it more momorable?

Sorry for long post. Would appreciate any help.

Edited by Kasper Zak