Feild cases for flatscreen displays

Mike Brennan

Funny thing, Mike.

I've been shopping around for the same thing this week for my Sony. I wanted to take the monitor to a shoot in Mexico so my clients could feel good about all that dough they're spending on HD. Looks like I'll do a downconverted monitor.

I was hoping to find a pelican-type case as opposed to an anvil sort of thing, but alas, no joy. I thought about putting it in an old hard-sided suitcase, but I don't want to look like a second hand store operation (even though that may be closer to the truth :-)

I would think there's a good market for that sort of setup. I would also think there could be a market for someone that can "ruggedize" these panels for field use.

With beefy, detachable stands or mounting hardware so they can just tilt up out of a case.

If you find one, let us know.

John

Funny thing, Mike.

I've been shopping around for the same thing this week for my Sony. I wanted to take the monitor to a shoot in Mexico so my clients could feel good about all that dough they're spending on HD. Looks like I'll do a downconverted monitor.

I was hoping to find a pelican-type case as opposed to an anvil sort of thing, but alas, no joy. I thought about putting it in an old hard-sided suitcase, but I don't want to look like a second hand store operation (even though that may be closer to the truth :-)

I would think there's a good market for that sort of setup. I would also think there could be a market for someone that can "ruggedize" these panels for field use.

With beefy, detachable stands or mounting hardware so they can just tilt up out of a case.

If you find one, let us know.

John

Still no luck.

Looks like I'll have to design one myself.

There could be a design that takes any brand of flatscreen in a particular range of dimension.

It will also need some kind of stand to stop it falling over once unpacked but be easly moved on set without being needing to be repacked.

Making the monitor adjustable to optimise viewing angle would be good too...

Mike

I've seen some 3rd party manufacturer's that make mounting kits for Apple Cinema Displays for mounting onto equipment racks for IT purposes.

Basically it removes the pedastle from the back of the display and attaches an actuated arm on the back. I'll bet those arms could be bolted to a metal plate that's welded to some tubular steel (or aluminum) which could be attached to a Magliner cart or something.

I've also seen some behind-the-stills of the DP on "Enterprise" using Cinema Displays as his reference monitors and the two displays were just sitting precariously unprotected on top of a magliner.