who has pull processed 7266 as a neg?

im a negative process photographer. my roots are in black and white stills. i want to process at the house for control. it uses less solutions. lower cost. just gonna reverse them in DI anyways so why use so many solutions and risk chem irregularities etc. however. there is no 7222 for double 8mm cameras. i love using a bolex h8r5. but these negatives have got to get better. i realize i am adding grain by processing neg. so heres where im at:

7266 is 200d. 1 stop for shooting for neg process means its 100d

chems stabilized at 73 so take off 1.5 develop min for temp

this has yielded too much grain still. so.. i want to try pulling.

kodak says 1 for 1. overexpose a stop and under process a stop. how far have you pulled and been happy with the results? how much stop did you adjust in exposure vs time in the tank?

greatly appreciated. closing in on time to shoot. burning through test film.

let me add that i am using a rewind tank (newer morse) wouldnt mind a spiral but i shoot 100fts for home process. currently that has meant 9.5 mins of d76 with alkalai.

Edited by steve waschka

im a negative process photographer. my roots are in black and white stills. i want to process at the house for control. it uses less solutions. lower cost. just gonna reverse them in DI anyways so why use so many solutions and risk chem irregularities etc. however. there is no 7222 for double 8mm cameras. i love using a bolex h8r5. but these negatives have got to get better. i realize i am adding grain by processing neg. so heres where im at:

7266 is 200d. 1 stop for shooting for neg process means its 100d

chems stabilized at 73 so take off 1.5 develop min for temp

this has yielded too much grain still. so.. i want to try pulling.

kodak says 1 for 1. overexpose a stop and under process a stop. how far have you pulled and been happy with the results? how much stop did you adjust in exposure vs time in the tank?

greatly appreciated. closing in on time to shoot. burning through test film.

let me add that i am using a rewind tank (newer morse) wouldnt mind a spiral but i shoot 100fts for home process. currently that has meant 9.5 mins of d76 with alkalai.

Are you set on D-76?

"D-76 is a standard developer, although not one I use. - Ansel Adams - The Negative"

Xtol is pretty cheap, and you can also use it in a replenished system. Kodak reckons it gives better film speed, sharper images and finer grain than D-76.

• 1 month later...

Are you set on D-76?

"D-76 is a standard developer, although not one I use. - Ansel Adams - The Negative"

Xtol is pretty cheap, and you can also use it in a replenished system. Kodak reckons it gives better film speed, sharper images and finer grain than D-76.

no not set on it at all. it was rec by kodak for use in a rewind tank when buffered with alkali. but right now im using rack and tray developing.