Writer needed

• Premium Member

Go to Google and type in the word "Screenwriting" and it will lead you to a page full of resources, including many forums like this only dedicated to the art of Screenwriting.

http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Write.../Screenwriting/

Also please don't post the same message in more than one forum. Thank you.

Guest Ultra Definition
Hi I need to get in touch with a screen writer for a movie. If any of you guys know where I can find someone willing to write please send them my way.

Nothing is harder than to get a good writer. There are plenty of "writers" willing to write.

Hi I need to get in touch with a screen writer for a movie. If any of you guys know where I can find someone willing to write please send them my way. My email is Superfight34@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Alex

It would be easier if we knew what you were looking to write. I know several screenwriters of varying strengths, but wouldn't know which one to send your way.

The movie would be a comedy about two high school friends quest to make a movie and there pit stops to acheiving there goal. We were thinking an actual movie movie or a mockumentary style. Well I figure there are a lot of writers out there but how do I get in touch with them? If any of you guys know of someone who would be interested please send them my way. This could be a very fun project. Any help you guys can give would be awesome.

Thanks.

Alex

Superfight34@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

It would be a good idea to start writing all your ideas down, trying to develop it as much as you can before you hand it off to somebody else. It wouldn't have to be at all formal at this point. Also, a tip that was passed on to me, discipline yourself to always keep some kind of notebook with you at all times to jot down story ideas. Inspiration, for most people, is a totally unpredictable animal.

Bottom line; while you're finding a writer, try to get at least a broad outline of what you're looking for, especially the details that make it particularly interesting to you personally.

Best,

Being a writer, I'd caution you that merely having an idea for a film is not very tempting for a screenwriter working "on speculation," ("spec" screenplays are written with the hope of eventually being sold, rather than as an assignment or work-for-hire). Most writers have plenty of their own ideas that they are trying to develop into their own screenplays, and most of them want to be paid for their work. Screenwriters are looking for producers who will buy their screenplays or pay them for a writing assignment; and, if you provide little information about yourself beyond a hotmail address, you are quite liable to be rudely treated on some message boards.

That having been said, you might want to check out the Done Deal Message Board, (under "Announcements, News, & Opportunities"). This message board may be unavailable, at times, between now and April 28th, due to the relocation of its server.

If you are thinking of a short screenplay, you may want to check out Short Scripts, (where you could leave a "Scripts Wanted" notice).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I'd like to add that most screenwriters worth their salt aren't interested in a 'movie with a movie.' It's been done to death. See Living in Oblivion for a great example. I'd encourage you to meet some writers, toss around some ideas that get you excitd and which in turn might get a potential screenwriter excited.

Or learn the basic tenets of the craft and write your own piece.

Best,

theturnaround

Sorry guys but I dont think I have ever mentioned this but we are 17 we want to be film makers and we are very serious about this. We are trying to get local production companies to help us and stuff and we have access to good cameras. But we are still open for suggestions. Sorry for forgetting to mention this.

Alex