new project "writers block"

steve waschka

not looking for anyone to give up their secrets, but i thought some of you might agree that we focus on our gear too much sometimes and the best way to make do is to start shooting. except.....

on the self-funded projects at least, does a fresh can equal writer's block for anybody else? or is it just me this time. i need to do a promo film for my archery vendors and my normal ice breaking techniques arent working. my fav is to cull through production music and get some inspiration. right now ive got a message, a project chart, and an empty shot list. oh and a can of 7222 staring at me.

Edited by steve waschka

so much for the fresh can. got a good tropical low working us over tonight pretty well. seas are 19 plus. supposed to clean up tomorrow and got an invite to shoot at sebastian inlet tomorrow afternoon. guess ill have to order another can of b&w for the archery stuff. that ones already in the mag.

let me know if you guys have some favorite methods to get in the right frame of mind. still can't break anything lose that feels good for the archery shots.

it was the first shoot for useable footage with the BL. lighting was tough yesterday! this 3x3 polarizer is new and seems thin. meter says its not. but, the first 100ft looks possibly a touch over exp. the real super irritating problem is i cant get this d@#*n camera to stay clean. its got debris in the gate again! if cleaned it over a dozen times, have run plenty of test footage thru it. this roll was direct from kodak... either its behind the mirror and its slinging it, or its in the guts of the mag sprockets. gonna unload all the mags and tear them down completely. i hope i can make that stuff disappear in post. prob not going to have another swell like that this year! should have used one of my established bolexs. rookie mistake!!!