Zeiss Cp2 shims

Sean Elder

Hey I'm not sure if this has been asked, but if it's out there then a point in the right direction would be wonderful! I am trying to find different shim combinations for CP2 lenses, also what applications (cameras) would these setups be used for. Is there a list or online quick table for these lenses?

There's a chart in the CP2 manual that comes with the mounts that spec's the shim thicknesses and also the quickest procedure to collimate in the field. It works pretty well BUT it takes a loooooooong time - you have to properly torque all the tiny screws, mount the lens, check it to a focus chart, then disassemble, shim, check again. Not fast, but it works. And shims exist because the flange on each camera may or may not be to proper spec. I found that when I shimmed my set for PL, the lenses taped-out remarkably well using the same combos for EF - menaing that the set I have is very uniform on the lens-side, and that my PL-mount and Canon mounts are equally to spec or equally out-of-spec - but to the same degree. So there are a lot of variables. Best bet is to measure a lens using their procedure and start with whatever it is, at least you'll know which direction to shim - add or remove. But I'd say get the PL/EF mount manual and read through it - it has the charts.

Awesome!!! Thanks a lot!

Best bet is to measure a lens using their procedure and start with whatever it is, at least you'll know which direction to shim - add or remove. But I'd say get the PL/EF mount manual and read through it - it has the charts.