Video Assist Cam (-corder)

Good day everybody,

I just got a Video assist "bridge" for my SR16II and wanted to replace the camera (SONY XC 75CE) with something like a 1080p / 25fps (best would be variable framerates including 25) recording to SD or CF card and a video out. Of course I prefer the budget solutions. I was looking on eBay to do a little "market research" but I find only "hero cams" (too heavy / to big / odd framerates etc.) Anybody an ideas or experiences to share? (where / what to look for. watch-outs). Is there an issue with synching the framerates of the ARRI and the VA-cam? How is it done? Know awfully few about it.. :(

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Phil

• 1 month later...

I have no idea how this would work... I'm not an electrical engineer or programmer... But my programmer and I are working on a Super 8 datacine using this line of camera for acquisition.

http://www.baslerweb.com/products/ace.html?model=337

Anyway, there is a video feed of sorts coming out of the I/O. If that could be converted to BNC or HDMI with a powered converter it could work. The cameras are very small and light. But again, I have no idea how or if it would work.

If you come up with a solution I'd love to hear it. I have an SRII with a B&W Jurgens tap. I'd love to get a nice crisp clean HD feed off the fiber screen!

-JC