Seeking experience and connections

Good evening!

After I have been one of the quiet forum useres for many weeks I decided to create my own post now.

My friend and I are going to apply for film schools in Germany in February 2013. Starting on November 2012, we will be done filming our very own application short narratives and we will be done gathering money.

We would love to travel around Europe and help out on different film productions - mainly projects of film students'. Of course, we would not want to receive any payment. German film schools require a lot of experience in the field and we thought that working on student film projects outside Germany would be a great opportunity.

I do not expect anyone to say "Alright! Awesome idea!" right away :) We are just curious how students think about this idea of ours.

It would probably interesting to know who we are, huh?

My name is Domenik, I am 19 years old and plan on becoming a cinematographer. In October 2010, I started working with a local project called "Chemnitzer Filmwerkstatt". They have been educating and working with people that are interested in starting a carreer in the film industry for many many years. Some of the films produced by the Chemnitzer Filmwerkstatt were presented in Cannes - f.e. "Duell in Griesbach". On alle the projects I have been working as the director of photography.

My friend's name is Carl, he is 20 years old and graduated from high school last year. Since then he has been working with the "Chemnitzer Filmwerkstatt" on a daily base. His goal is to get into the director department of one of Germany's film schools.

Both of us have pretty solid English skills due to his father living in the US and due to my full-year stay in the US.

We are very excited to receive your replies! If you know anyone who could possibly be interested in someone helping them out in any department - do not hesitate to share this post :)

Also, if there are any questions: Feel free to ask!

Best regards from Germany,

Domenik and Carl

Edit:

I hope I am not going to regret this but sharing my mail address might be a good idea.

it is:

domenik.schuster [a.t] googlemail [d.o.t] com

Edited by Domenik Schuster

Good evening to you !

I think the idea you have is really nice and interesting and it's more or less what I'm doing (but with people I know).

Me and my friends Are now planning on shooting a movie in Rome ( just that you know, I'm italian).

We are still in the writing the script process, but we do believe it's going to be shoot.

It could be the case, in some time to start knowing each other and understand how much this is possible.

What do you think ?