Strange power-on issue... should I worry?

Brad DeCecco

Hi people,

So I received my dvx last week and have shot with it on 3 occasions now, and once each time, at a seemingly random point when I turn the camera off to conserve battery power, when I go to switch it back on, I get nothing. I have tried it with 2 different panasonic batteries and it seems not to matter. The solution all three times was to remove the battery and put it back in, then it was like nothing happenned... I checked the battery before popping it out, and it wasn;t loose or in wrong, and it was still at least half full, so it wasn't a dying battery issue either... Is this something I should try to return or could I be doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Brad

Guest Timothy Brown

If you're turning the unit on and it's not responding, then your best option would be to return it. If you purchased it from a reputable dealer, they won't hesitate to replace your unit.

-Tim

If it is turning off while it is waiting to get started it is going to a Power off mode. This is normal. To defeat this function, go to you menus and turn it to Stand By, you should be able to find this in the last menu section of the camera.

hope that helps,

Jan

If it is turning off while it is waiting to get started it is going to a Power off mode. This is normal. To defeat this function, go to you menus and turn it to Stand By, you should be able to find this in the last menu section of the camera.

hope that helps,

Jan

Oh, Hi Jan,

Actually it happens when the camera is already off, I go to switch it on and it doesn't respond. I try it a few times and nothingm but when I take the battery out and put it back in, it works fine... and it only seems to do it once every other day, not consistently... ?

Thanks Again,

Brad